“Authentic Salt Spring” is the guiding design principal. Familiar, honest, farm and marine built forms, natural materials with human scaled detailing to support a healthy, active community and Independent Living. The efficient design combines cutting edge energy and water conservation measures with a strong sense of Home to provide security and support for this unique Island’s vulnerable senior community. Features include:
- Agricultural buffer with rain garden features for on site water control and ground water recharge
- Integrated water management system for rain water harvesting, Gray water reuse, Well water supply
- Solar ready roof
- Enhanced Step 4 code energy conservation
- Reduced massing to maximize neighbour view corridors.
- The central corridor and public spaces day lit on both ends.
- Durable materials and construction practices.
- Enhanced views of historic Ganges Harbour and organic farm.
- Integrated into existing Senior community
Saywell Contracting was chosen to be Construction Manager for Phase 1 of the project through a competitive process. Becoming integral members of the design team and ensuring project milestones were met, the Owners single sourced Saywell as the Construction Manager for Phase 2.
Islanders Working Against Violence (IWAV)
132 Corbett Road, Salt Spring Island, BC
13,630 Sq. Ft. | 22 Units
- JG Consulting
- Daryoush Firouzli Architecture
- Avalon Mechanical
- Herold Engineering
- RB Engineering
- Living Accent Landscaping & Fencing
- Stantec Consulting